Dyson Vacuums are the Best, Right?
Celebrities and influencers have popularized Dyson vacuum cleaners in the last few years. They have been marketed with claims that they are the best in the market. However, there is a downside to these vacuums – they are expensive.
A good vacuum cleaner can make your home cleaner and healthier. It is also a good investment because it will last for years and save you money on electricity bills.
Dyson vacuums are not only expensive but also overrated. There are other brands out there that provide similar services at much lower prices than Dyson does.
How to Clean the Upright & Canister Models
Cleaning your Dyson vacuum cleaner is easy. With the following steps, you can clean the Dyson vacuum cleaner without hassle. Dyson vacuum cleaners are designed to be easy to maintain and use, but they are not always easy to clean. Though the company has a website with detailed instructions on how to clean a Dyson vacuum, you might need more guidance than that.
Here’s how to clean your Dyson vacuum without any hassle:
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet before beginning cleaning.
- Remove all attachments from the tube before cleaning and ensure there is nothing attached to it.
- Remove all filters from their slots before cleaning and ensure nothing is stuffed into them. You can also remove any other parts that might be stuck in the filters.
- Remove the brush roll housing and brush roll by pulling them towards you, then pull the brush roll out of the tube.
- Attach a long-handled instrument to one of the long tubes and push it deep into one of the openings on one side of the tube (the opening is not where there are brushes or rollers). Make sure nothing is caught in the tube.
- Attach a shorter-handled instrument to one of the short tubes and push it deep into one of the openings on the other side of the tube.
- Push both tools all the way down into each opening, then wiggle them from side to side until you can hear or feel them click, which means they’re fully inserted. Avoid pushing the pliers’ tips, as they may break off and damage the board.
How to Clean a Dyson Filter on the Machine
There are some easy ways to clean the Dyson filter:
- Take a paper towel over the machine’s opening.
- Twist it tightly around the opening and hold it in place with your hand until you hear a click sound letting you know that the filter has been removed properly
- Remove the paper towel and replace it with a new one
- Repeat steps 1-3 as necessary
What Type of Brush Should I Use with My Vacuum Cleaner?
The type of brush you use will depend on the model you own.
The best brush for Dyson vacuum cleaners is the one that fits your specific model. There are two types of brushes. One is the soft brush, and the other is the stiff bristle brush. The soft bristles are usually made from silicone, while stiff bristles are made from plastic or metal.
How Often Do I Need to Replace My Dyson Vacuum?
A Dyson vacuum cleaner is an expensive machine that can last long. The device’s life expectancy is up to 12 years; you will have to replace it only if it’s broken or damaged.