Whether it is a high-quality gold earring or a simple and cheap earring, we need to clean it regularly.
If we keep our earrings clean, we will count infections and bad smells in the earring.
How to Clean New Ear Piercing?
- The first step is to wash your hands.
- Soak the piercing in warm water for about 10 minutes. This will help with any residual bacteria left behind from the process of getting pierced. You can also use soap or an antiseptic solution, which is unnecessary.
- Next, you should take a cotton ball or small piece of tissue and gently wipe it around the area. This will remove any excess dirt or blood that may be present on the skin around the piercing site.
- Finally, dry off your hands, and then use a clean towel to pat dry the area around your new ear piercing so it doesn’t get infected by bacteria lingering on your skin.
Caring for Your Piercing
Many people have piercings and are curious about how to care for them. There are a few steps you can take to make sure that your piercing is healthy.
- Wash your hands before touching your piercing
- Avoid touching the piercing with dirty hands
- Use a new, clean cotton swab when cleaning
- Avoid using alcohol or hydrogen peroxide on the piercing
- Keep the area around the piercing dry and clean
- Do not change the ball or stud until your piercing has fully healed, which may take up to six months.
- Do not share jewelry or piercing with anyone else.
Caring for Children’s Ear Piercings
The ears of children are a sensitive area of the body. The ear cartilage is soft and more susceptible to infection. For this reason, it is essential to care for the child’s ear piercings well.
- Parents should ensure that their children’s ears are clean before they put in a new earring or take out an old one.
- They should also ensure that the child’s ears are dry after bathing or swimming.
- If there is any discharge from the ear, they should consult a doctor as soon as possible because this could indicate an infection.
A new ear piercing should be cleaned with a saline solution, like sea salt water or a saline solution from the drugstore. Saline solutions are made of salt and water and are safe for the skin.
Cleaning with soap or other products may cause irritation and infection.