Cleaning your oven is not the most fun task but is necessary for a clean kitchen. If you don’t clean your oven, it can cause your food to taste bad and could pose health risks. There are many ways to clean an oven, but the following steps will give you the best results.
How to Clean Your Oven – step by step
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes before cleaning. Preheating the oven will help loosen all the grime and grease accumulated on your stovetop or in crevices and corners of your oven. The heat from this process can also kill any bacteria that might be present in the oven and the air.
Step 2: Remove Grease Using a Clean Sponge
Next, take a clean sponge and some hot water. Wipe off all the greases accumulated on your stovetop or in crevices and corners of your oven. The sponge should be damp while using it to clean up this area first, then use clean water to finish the job.
Step 3: Clean Oven
Next, take a dry sponge and some baking soda and rub them into any hard-to-reach areas. This abrasive material will remove all of the grime, grease, and gunk left behind by other cleaners in your oven. Make sure to use a dry, clean sponge for this step.
How to remove hard stains from the oven
A mixture of baking soda and water is the most effective way to remove hard stains from the oven. Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with a cup of water, and apply it to the stain. Leave it for a few minutes before scrubbing it off with a sponge.
This will work on any hard stains on the oven, like burnt-on food or spilled drinks.
How to clean oven racks
A clean oven rack is not only a sign of a clean oven but also a sign of a well-maintained oven.
The racks in your oven are essential for cooking food. They need to be cleaned and scrubbed every time you use your oven. If you don’t clean them, the grease from the food will harden and be difficult to remove. To clean your oven rack, take it out of the oven and place it on the counter or table. Fill a plastic tub with hot water and dish soap and submerge the rack in the tub for about 10 minutes. Use an old toothbrush to scrub off any stubborn grease or food particles stuck to the shelf. Rinse with cold water until all soap is removed from the rack, then hang it up to dry.
How to clean oven glass
Cleaning your oven glass is not as hard as it seems. There are a few simple steps that you can follow to get the job done.
- First, make sure that your oven is cool.
- Next, take a damp cloth and wipe down the glass with it.
- Use some dish soap on the cloth and scrub away any stubborn stains or dirt on the surface of the oven glass.
- If there are any leftover stains or dirt, use a mixture of baking soda and water to clean them off. Ensure you rinse everything off thoroughly with water before turning on your oven again.
What not to use to clean your oven
let’s talk about what not to use to clean your oven.
- You should never use soap or detergent, as these products may leave a residue that could lead to corrosion, which could, in turn, be hazardous for the safety of your family and home.
- Secondly, you should never use bleach or ammonia on your oven; these chemicals are corrosive and can damage parts of the appliance made of metal.
- Do not use soap or detergent in your oven. When cleaning an oven, you should never use bleach, ammonia, and other corrosive chemicals as these could damage and corrode the metal appliance parts.