Different Types of Piercing
Many different types of piercing can be done to the body. Some are more popular than others, but the key is finding a piercing that suits your personality and lifestyle.
Body Piercing Types:
- Nipple piercings
- Navel piercings
- Ear lobe piercings
- Eyebrow piercings
- Facial piercings
- Navel piercing
It is not just for looks; piercings can also be used to express your personality and improve self-esteem.
Piercing jewelry can also be used in other ways such as healing, fashion, decoration, and more.
How to Remove Body Jewelry Safely and Effectively
Body jewelry removal is a common task that many people have to do regularly. It can be done using different methods and tools, but the most effective way is to use an antiseptic to safely and effectively remove the jewelry.
One of the essential factors in removing body jewelry safely is how you choose your tool. Many devices are available, such as tweezers, pliers, and hooks. The type of tool that you choose will depend on what kind of body jewelry you want to remove from your skin.
Do I Need to Remove My Piercing Before Swimming or Showering?
The answer to this question is yes.
There are three reasons why you should remove your jewelry before you swim or shower:
Infection prevention :
As with any other wound, infection prevention is essential for piercings. If there is any chance of water entering the area where the piercing was done, there is a chance of infection and possibly an abscess or cellulitis.
Avoid contact with chlorine:
Chlorine can corrode jewelry and cause reactions in some people’s skin or cause the jewelry to fall out.
Avoid contact with water:
Water and metal can react in various ways, including dissolving metal.
How to Clean Piercings?
Time needed: 15 minutes
Some people might be scared of cleaning their piercings, but it is essential to do so regularly. If you are not confident in your ability to clean a piercing, you can seek help from a professional.
Here are some tips that will help you clean your piercing:
- Use a cotton swab or gauze pad to remove debris and gunk from the piercing.
- Rinse the area with water and pat dry with a cloth or paper towel.
- Apply an alcohol-based disinfectant like rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide and wipe away any residue left on the surface of the jewelry.
How Often Should I Clean My Body Piercing?
You should clean your body piercing every day, whether you have a new piercing or not. You know that the bacteria on your skin can cause infections, which may lead to serious health problems.
Four tips for cleaning a piercing?
Some tips for cleaning a piercing:
1. Use a mild soap or baby shampoo to clean the piercing. Avoid harsh soaps and cleaners like alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, or ammonia.
2. Rinse the soap with water and then pat dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
3. Use an antiseptic spray if the area is bloody or has pus.
4. Apply an antibiotic ointment for any cuts that may be present on the skin around the piercing area.
Start Caring for Your Piercing With These Tips Today
Many people are getting piercings these days, but not many know how to take care of them properly. That is why we have put together some tips on how to care for your piercing today:
- Clean the area around the piercing before inserting the jewelry. This will ensure that no infection or dirt in your body can cause an infection.
- Change your jewelry every day or every other day, depending on what type of jewelry you wear.
- Make sure you don’t bite down on the jewelry while changing it out because this could cause damage to the piercing.
- If you are reacting your jewelry, make sure that you take it off and replace it with something else.
- Only clean your piercing when there is a change in length or appearance of the jewelry; do not use soap every day because this can cause dryness.